2014 Claiborne County Fair Schedule
Gates open at 5:00 p.m. daily
Pay $12 At The Gate
Claiborne County Fair Association
For booth rental space call 423-441-0137 or 865-585-1343
The Claiborne County Fair Association is a non-profit organization, with 100% of money raised going back into the club to sponsor events, to make repairs and upgrades to the grounds, or donated to the community. None of our members are paid. We are all volunteers, and work almost year round to prepare for up-coming events. The CCFA is a big family with members ranging from 18 to 55. However, there are no age limits. We are always looking for new members! Prospective members must be willing to work and eager to help out with community events. If you have any questions, concerns, or are interested in joining please see our "contact us" page to let us know you would like to attend our next meeting.
Call - Tammy England At 423-526-8917
2014 FOUR & SIX CYNLINDER DERBY RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. A drivers meeting will be held approximately 1.5 hour before show time. This is a mandatory meeting and all drivers MUST attend.
2. All cars must be 1980 and newer full body passenger cars or station wagons. NO TRUCKS, AMBULANCES, HURSTS, CHRYLER IMPERIALS, JEEPS, LIMOUSINES, CARRY ALLS, OR 4-WHEEL DRIVE VEHICLES.
3. In the 4-cylinder class, front wheel or rear wheel drive vehicles are allowed. NO ALL WHEEL DRIVE VEHICLES.
4. NO DIESEL ENGINES
5. Reinforcement allowed in front doors only and ALL car doors must be welded or chained shut.
6. No metal is allowed on outside or car, except on driver’s door.
7. Inside safety cages cannot be welded to the frame or the floor.
8. Driver’s door must be painted bright RED.
9. All cars must be clearly numbered on both sides and top of vehicle.
10. Batteries must be removed from engine compartment. Electric fans are permitted.
11. No air shocks will be permitted. Car suspension must bounce front and rear.
12. All glass and chrome must be removed from vehicles.
13. Fuel cells must be secured tightly in rear passenger section of car and old fuel cells must be removed from underneath vehicle.
14. A hole at least 16 inches in diameter must be cut in center of hood and in center of trunk.
15. All hoods and trunks must be chained shut. (Limit 2 chains each).
16. Trunks must be free of debris.
17. Any bolts through trunks and hood must be no more than ¾ inch in diameter and no more than 2 bolts on each.
18. NO DIRECT HITS IN DRIVERS DOOR. (AUTOMATIC DISQUALIFICATION).
19. Cars must make initial contact within 20 seconds of start of each event.
20. Stalled cars have 60 seconds to restart and an additional 15 seconds to make contact.
21. The last car that made a hit will be the winner if both cars are no longer hitting each other.
22. All drivers must wear seatbelts and a helmet. Safety goggles and/or a shield are suggested.
23. Drivers may enter only ONE car per heat and heat winners must drive the same car in the feature that they drove in the heat.
24. No one is allowed in the pit during any of the races.
25. Bumpers may NOT have sharp points or edges, or it will have to be cut off to race.
26. Bumper height is 24 inches to the bottom of the bumper in front and no lower than 16 inches in the back.
27. Homemade bumpers are allowed but they must have factory chrome skin and stock appearance.
28. Bumpers may be seam welded.
29. Hump plates are allowed and can be no thicker than ¼ inch and can be no longer than 24 inches.
30. Any wheel and tire combination is allowed. I.e. bobcat tires, forklift tires, solid tires, etc.
NOTE: Any questions concerning the rules are to be asked during the drivers’ meeting. NO protesting is allowed once the competition has begun. The decisions of the judges are final, and anyone not adhering to these rules is subject to disqualification for any or all races.