2016 Claiborne County Fair Schedule Gates open at 5:00 p.m. daily
August-29th through September-3rd
$12 At The Gate
Includes Parking,Entertainment and Rides
Claiborne County Fair Association
For booth rental space call 423-441-0137 or 865-585-1343
For exhibit information call
County Agriculture Agent at 432-626-3742
The Claiborne County Fair Association is a non-profit organization, with 100% of money raised going back into the club to sponsor events, to make repairs and upgrades to the grounds, or donated to the community. None of our members are paid. We are all volunteers, and work almost year round to prepare for up-coming events. The CCFA is a big family with members ranging from 18 to 55. However, there are no age limits. We are always looking for new members! Prospective members must be willing to work and eager to help out with community events. If you have any questions, concerns, or are interested in joining please see our "contact us" page to let us know you would like to attend our next meeting.
Call - Tammy England At 423-526-8917
Fairest of the Fair
Fair wins merit award at state convention
Fair wins merit award at state convention. The Claiborne County fair was recently name the most improved fair in the Tennessee state fair association A.A division best in 20 other county fairs in their class. Ron seals president of the Claiborne County Fair Association, Accepted the 2014 merit award at the music city sheraton in Nashville. During the annual 3 day Nashville state fair convention. It was the first time that seals could remember bring home and award from the convention since he took over as president. according to seal's many people dont know that a state of tennessee has set up guidelines for the county fairs and are frequently inspected each year after the fair season ends. Representatives from each fair make the trip to Nashville for the convention that features trade shows ,meetings, and banquets where rewards are given out I'd like to thank all the hard working members for their many hours of service. Because without them it wouldn't be possible; I would also like to thank the public for attending and anyone that helped make this 2014 fair a success.
*NEW THIS YEAR* STOCK CAR DERBY
(SEE BELOW FOR STOCK CAR DERBY RULES AND PAYOU
$12/person @ gate
(Price includes rides and entertainment)
$35/car @ time of inspection
1and 2nd Place $500
3rd Place $300
4th Place $200
5th Place $100
1. A drivers meeting will be held approximately 1.5 hour before show time. This is a mandatory meeting and all drivers MUST attend.
2. All cars must be 1980 and newer full body passenger cars or station wagons. NO TRUCKS, AMBULANCES, HEARSE, CHRYLER IMPERIALS, JEEPS, LIMOUSINES, CARRY ALLS, OR 4-WHEEL DRIVE VEHICLES.
3. Sheet metal bodies, hoods, and trunk lid
4. NO DIESEL ENGINES
5. Reinforcement allowed in front doors only and ALL car doors must be welded or chained shut.
6. No metal is allowed on outside or car, except on driver’s door.
7. Inside safety cages cannot be welded to the frame or the floor.
8. All cars must be clearly numbered on both sides and top of vehicle.
9. Batteries must be removed from engine compartment. Electric fans are permitted.
10. No air shocks will be permitted. Car suspension must bounce front and rear.
11. All glass and chrome must be removed from vehicles.
12. Fuel cells must be secured tightly in rear passenger section of car and old fuel cells must be removed from underneath vehicle.
13. A hole at least 16 inches in diameter must be cut in center of hood and in center of trunk.
14. All hoods and trunks must be chained shut. (Limit 2 chains each).
15. Trunks must be free of debris.
16. Any bolts through trunks and hood must be no more than 1inch in diameter and no more than 2 bolts on each.
17. NO DIRECT HITS IN DRIVERS DOOR. (AUTOMATIC DISQUALIFICATION).
18. Cars must make initial contact within 20 seconds of start of each event.
19. Stalled cars have 60 seconds to restart and an additional 15 seconds to make contact.
20. The last car that made a hit will be the winner if both cars are no longer hitting each other.
21. All drivers must wear seatbelts and a helmet. Safety goggles and/or a shield are suggested.
22. Drivers may enter only ONE car per heat and heat winners must drive the same car in the feature that they drove in the heat.
23. No one is allowed in the pit during any of the races.
24. Bumpers may NOT have sharp points or edges, or it will have to be cut off to race.
25. Bumper height is 24 inches to the bottom of the bumper in front and no lower than 16 inches in the back.
26. Homemade bumpers are allowed but they must have factory chrome skin and stock appearance.
27. Bumpers may be seam welded.
28. Hump plates are allowed and can be no thicker than ¼ inch and can be no longer than 24 inches.
29. Any wheel and tire combination is allowed. I.e. bobcat tires, forklift tires, solid tires, etc.
NOTE: Any questions concerning the rules are to be asked during the drivers’ meeting. NO protesting is allowed once the competition has begun. The decisions of the judges are final, and anyone not adhering to these rules is subject to disqualification for any or all races.
For more information contact: Ron Seals: 423-441-0137 McKamey Derreberry: 423-626-0851 Visit us on Facebook: facebook.com/ClaiborneCountyFair
$12 Person @ gate
Price includes ride and entertainment
$35 a car @ time of inspection
BIG PRIZE MONEY
1st Place $1500
3rd Place $300
4th Place $200